Sunday 27 January 2013

Charles Worthington Intense Rescue Melting Balm ...

After ombre-ing my hair a couple of months ago, my hair has really started to suffer. It was the first time I have ever dyed it, so I've never really had to care for dyed hair before. At first, I just carried on using my normal hair care routine but pretty quickly my hair seemed to be getting more and more brittle. So after some research online, I heard about the Charles Worthington Intense Rescue Melting Balm, and what really made up my mind to get it was Fleur from FleurdeForce raving about it (her blog post about it is linked here). I picked it up from the haircare section in Boots for £16.99, and it is part of the fairly recent Charles Worthington Salon at Home range. It is a bit more expensive than I would usually pay for a hair treatment, but seeing as my hair really needed something new to help it and I had heard such good things about it I thought I would try it anyway, and I'm so glad I did. 


I really like the packaging; it is quite simple and classic, and seeing as you use such a small amount at 100ml I think it will last a really long time. Unlike the picture below that makes it seem quite gloopy, it is actually solid and you scoop out a small amount and then rub it between your palms until it turns into an oil. I then apply it onto the ends of my hair and leave it on for 20 minutes before I pop into the shower. 


One of my favourite things about this product, is the smell! It smells incredible and luxurious. It also leaves my hair feeling so soft, and completely repaired. I use it about once or twice a week depending on if I have time, usually on a lazy day off, because I'm not going to get up any earlier than half 6 unless I really have to. For me, this works out fine and I couldn't imagine the state my hair would be in without it! Also, although it is expensive I don't think it will be running out any time soon, and I also feel like it is putting off the need for a haircut which saves the pennies and helps me keep trying to grow it. 

If you are looking for a leave in product to repair damaged or brittle hair, I would definitely recommend this. It smells lovely, isn't too expensive for how long it will last, and leaves your hair feeling amazing. The only downside I have found is that it isn't suitable for every time you wash your hair if you have to get up early, and it can be quite hard at first to get any product out as it is a solid that turns into an oil but persevere because it has completely changed my hair!

xxx 


2 comments:

  1. Great review, thanks! Might have to try this out :)

    Frankie xx
    http://coffeeshopsandcardigans.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete