Monday 18 June 2012

Simple nail art 4 ...

I thought I would try out another simple nail art technique today. I have always wanted to be able to paint hearts on my nails but never really got how to do it because I don't have the steadiest hands, but my friend showed me her way of doing it and so I adapted it to suit me and I thought I would share it. 

Firstly, I painted my nails with a sheer pink nail colour, I used a french manicure colour from an 
old set I found, so you don't need anything special. 

Then, with my chosen heart colour, I picked Bordeaux by Essie, I did one dot for the base of the heart. 
I then painted one dot with the brush up and to the left of the first one, and then dragged it down to the base dot, to make the left half of the heart. 
And then finally, I did the same for the right half, creating a little heart. 
You could then add a top coat and voila! I found this was an easy way to create simple hearts but if you know of any others feel free to let me know! This technique was also made easier because my Essie polish is an original one, rather than the diffusion line, so the brush was smaller and easier to manage. Overall, I think these are quite cute and although they aren't perfect I will be trying this out again with different colours.

xxx



10 comments:

  1. Ooo this is actually soo simple looking!! I will definietly be trying it.what a clever friend you have! haha if i was going to try and draw a hearton my nail i would be trying to do an outline of a heart and then fill it in or something like that and it would look terrible!

    Great post! :D

    Jen xxx
    www.itsablondeslife7.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've attempted outlining and other ways too but I have to say this is so easy in comparison xx

      Delete
  2. These are abolustely gorgeous!!! and they look great with a sheer base too :)

    Lovely post, so glad i found your blog

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah they look so lovely!
    Such a clever way of doing it too!

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!might give this a go :-)

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,
    I found your blog because you follow Ashley’s blog (Ring my bell) and I thought I would check out a few other Bloggers that follow her. She has great style and I really like your as well. You have a awesome blog and this post is great, really cute nails!! ! It would be cool if we could follow each other!
    If you have facebook, I would be so grateful if you could like my page: http://www.facebook.com/newyorkdoll
    Aimee: http://www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will have a look at your blog now! I really like Ashley's blog too xx

      Delete