Tuesday 26 June 2012

OPI Nail Envy ...

I have struggled with rubbish nails for a very long time. I used to bite them when I was in primary school and ever since they have never grown, and split all the time. I have heard really good things about OPI's Nail Envy, but always balked at the price (£18.00!!!). However, I saw it in Boots today, and after no real improvement in my nails with other treatments, I decided to bite the bullet and give it a go. It was £18.65 in Boots, and I know I could have probably got it cheaper somewhere else but it was a bit of a spur of the moment purchase. 
You apply two coats initially, and then follow by one additional coat every other day for a week when you remove using normal nail polish remover. It works best as a base coat but can also be used as a top coat over nail polish, and you can also put nail polish on top of the Nail Envy coats. After you remove the nail polish after the week, you can then start the process over again. I really like the simplicity of this process, and the strengthener smells inoffensive and also makes your nails look lovely and glossy, as although Nail Envy looks slightly opaque in the bottle, it appears see-through on the nails. 
Overall,  I like this product a lot initially, but to deserve the price tag I really want it to make my nails strong and healthy, and to stop the flaking and splitting. I will keep all of you updated as I continue to use this. Has anyone else tried this? 
xxx

4 comments:

  1. I've never tried it but I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on with it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just bought this and hve been using it a few days, hope it makes a difference to my horribly weak nails! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it makes a difference to mine too! Hope it works for you! xx

      Delete