Friday 22 June 2012

My favourite highlighters ...

I am definitely a highlighter kind of girl. I really like having a dewy and fresh finish to my make up and I feel like highlighters really create that look perfectly. I haven't tried a huge range of highlighters, but I have tried two fantastic ones and I'm not sure I would ever stray from them. The first highlighter I thought I would tell you about is the Dior Shimmer Powder in 001 Rose Diamond. I absolutely love this one, and I feel that the pink tones compliment my complexion, as I am quite pale. However, if you are naturally more tanned, I have also heard really good things about the Amber Diamond powder which has more champagne to golden tones.


I like to use this highlighter after I have applied most of my make up, except for my blusher and lipstick, and I  apply it by sweeping my brush across all of the colours and then applying it on the top of my cheekbones, lightly across my nose and also on my cupid's bow. I don't know if this is the most technical method, but I like how it looks and I'm always open to new techniques so feel free to let me know how you apply highlighter or how make up artists say to do it :) This is an expensive highlighter at £32.00 (at Selfridges), but I have had it for over a year and have used it pretty much constantly and as you can see from the above photo, it doesn't look like it will run out any time soon, 

My other favourite highlighter is High Beam from Benefit, which is a lovely pearlescent liquid formulation. I like to use this in a variety of ways, usually by mixing in with my foundation or by dotting on my cheekbones and cupid's bow after I have applied the rest of my make up. In my opinion, it makes my skin look more glowing. I'm already at the end of my second bottle of this, as it has been a staple in my make up bag for years, and I will almost definitely be repurchasing it when it runs out. High Beam costs £18.50 from Debenhams etc, which although is expensive hasn't stopped me from repurchasing it in the past. 
Left - High Beam, Above Right - Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser, Below Left - Chanel Perfection Lumière. 


xxx

.

2 comments: