Thursday 24 May 2012

Lancome hypnose ...

My mum was given a sample of the Lancome hypnose mascara - the custom wear volume mascara not the doll eyes one - and seeing as she has loads of mascara and mine had just ran out she let me have it. Thanks mum!!! The full size Lancome hypnose mascara costs £21.00, which is quite a lot compared to the high street mascaras which can also be quite good. Previously, I have usually worn No7 mascaras but I have heard such good things about this mascara that I'm really glad I have had the chance to try it out. Normally, I go for a mascara that is quite subtle but can be built up to be more dramatic, so here are some pictures with different layers of the mascara. 





The sample is 2ml, whereas a full size mascara is 6.5ml, which I think is a good size for a sample. Initially, the brush looks like any other standard mascara brush but after closer inspection, it has short strands on one vertical section and then longer strands etc. I also really like the packaging of the sample and the full size mascara. In my opinion, it's very sleek and elegant. Also, when you apply the product it doesn't feel like it's dragging your eyelashes out but it still applies quickly and evenly. I know some of the other mascaras in their range have different brushes but I really like this one so far. 


No mascara

No mascara
I think I have pretty normal eyelashes, they aren't particularly thick or long but aren't really short either. However, you might be able to tell that the ends of my eyelashes are blonde (??? - weird) so I wear mascara almost every day so they appear as long as they actually are. 

1 Coat



I really like it with one layer of mascara and I think this will be how I wear it day to day. It doesn't clump and it's really dark, which I like. I feel like it really lengthens my eyelashes and keeps their natural curl ( I haven't curled them because I haven't brought my eyelash curlers home with me :(  ). 

2 Coats



I quite like it with 2 coats, because although it might look a bit clumpy this close up, in real life it really doesn't look that clumpy, and it is quite dramatic which is good for a night out. It stayed put all day, which seeing as I went for a run and how hot it was yesterday is pretty good, and it was also quite easy to get off at the end of the day.

All in all, I really like this mascara. It is definitely one of the best I have tried, but at £21.00 I'm not sure if I will be repurchasing it. High street mascaras are so good now that spending that much on a mascara for every day use seems excessive, but I do really like it so I might think about repurchasing it and only using it as for special occasions, because I'm not sure about anyone else but I go through my every day mascaras so quickly. 

xxx

1 comment: